On 5 and 6 February, 2018 the 4th International Enhanced Landfill Mining (ELFM IV) Symposium took place in Mechelen, Belgium. The event was a success: more than 150 attendees; diverse, high-quality lectures by both senior and junior ELFM actors; strong interaction with the public; and a very lively closing debate on the future of ELFM in Europe and the rest of the world, with contributions from industry, the European Commission, national policymakers, the International Solid Waste Association and research organisations.
Key videos, presentations and papers:
- ELFM IV Symposium Book (eds. Jones & Machiels): download here
- ELFM IV testimonial video, which integrates a large number of testimonials and diverse perspectives from the European Commission, academia, industry and civil society: view here
- ELFM IV closing debate video (with Derek Greedy (ISWA National Members Representative, ISWA Board), Claudia Neculau (SpaQue, coordinator Interreg NWE RAWFILL), Yves Tielemans (Group Machiels), Mieke Quaghebeur (VITO), Jan Frank Mars (Rijkswaterstaat, Interreg Europe COCOON), Magnus Gislev (European Commission, DG GROW), Moderator: Victor Dries (Policy Advisor for Flemish Government, Cabinet Liesbeth Homans): view here
- All ELFM IV Presentations and > 100 photographs (credits: Nicolas Herbots) can be downloaded through the ELFM IV event page.
- Pdf version of Final ELFM IV Programme can be downloaded here.