UNIVERSITY OF PADOVA, PORTUGAL
DII, Department of Industrial Engineering, via Marzolo, 9
T: +39 049 827 89 87
RESEARCH PROJECTS IN LANDFILL CHARACTERIZATION AND CONDITIONING
The Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Padova promotes and manages teaching and research, as well as technology transfer in all fields of Industrial Engineering. An interdisciplinary approach and constant co-operation with leading foreign Universities and Research Centres grant high international standards in its activities.
With a view to ELFM, a strong expertise is available and research projects are being carried out in the following areas:
• Landfill characterization;
• Landfill conditioning by means of in situ aeration before and during excavation;
• Mechanics and handling of selected waste streams and recovered materials;
• Chemical technologies for the analysis and extraction of useful elements and compounds from waste materials;
• Recovery of metals from industrial wastes and scraps by innovative hydrometallurgical techniques;
• Technologies for recycling of polymers;
• Vitrification of inorganic waste and technologies for glass recycling;
• Development and optimization of processes and catalysts to recover high value products from waste;
• Feedstock recycling by thermochemical processes.