LANDFILL AND BROWNFIELD REHABILITATION
SPAQuE is a consultancy firm created in 1991 by a decree of the Walloon government. SPAQuE is the Walloon Region’s expert in landfill and brownfield rehabilitation and contaminated soil management.The personnel counts already 80 qualified experts.
Our fields of excellence are:
• Inventory of potentially polluted sites;
• Compilation and updating of lists of priority sites for rehabilitation;
• Rehabilitation of contaminated brownfields and landfills;
• Management and maintenance of rehabilitated sites;
• Environmental (air-water-soil) quality and health management;
• Environmental monitoring;
• Water management;
• Property development on rehabilitated sites;
• Green energy projects on rehabilitated sites.
Building on its expertise, SPAQuE has:
• Developed the plan for Walloon authorised landfill site;
• Participated in the drafting of the successive “soil decrees”;
• Drafted Good Practice specifications – a detailed methodology for the rehabilitation of contaminated soils – used as a basis by SPW (DGO3) for the Walloon Code of Good
SPAQuE is active in landfills rehabilitation, concept and post-management. SPAQuE has an international license for the process of biogas extraction and production.